2007年12月21日金曜日

The holiday


I watched the holiday. This is the movie that I want to watch for a long time. But I didn't have a chance to watch during this movie's release. So, I rented this DVD from TSUTAYA. I was very excited when I finished this movie. I like this movie very much.

After three years of an on-again off-again relationship, Iris Simpkins (Kate Winslet) is still in love with Jasper Bloom (Rufus Sewell), her co-worker at The Daily Telegraph, despite his infidelity and exploitation of her feelings. However, during her company's Christmas party, Jasper announces that he is now engaged to Sarah Smith-Alcott, the woman with whom he cheated on Iris, and she is crushed.
Meanwhile, Amanda Woods, (Cameron Diaz) in Los Angeles, has just recently found out that her boyfriend, Ethan (Edward Burns), has been sleeping with his 24-year-old receptionist. She dumps him, but reveals that she is unable to cry. On a whim, Amanda decides to take a break from her hectic job and love life and rent a house somewhere far away. While surfing a house rental site, she finds Iris in Surrey, who just happens to be in the same situation as her. Rather than rent the house, Iris says that she's willing to do a home exchange, to which Amanda agrees.

I recommend this movie. If you have not watch this movie, please watch it.


[229 words]

0 件のコメント: