2007年11月17日土曜日

An Inconvenient Truth




I watched ‘An Inconvenient Truth’ because I learn environment in class, so I was interested with it. This movie was questionable. I though we should think it over carefully. This movie was a lot of terrible sight, for example, Mount Kilimanjaro was covered with snow 30 years ago, but the snow has thawed now. The earth is thawing fast. It is global warming.

Various gases such as carbon dioxide are building up in the Earth’s atmosphere and stopping the heat of the sun from escaping into space. The result is that our planet is gradually becoming warmer. Carbon dioxide is released when we burn fuel such as oil, gasoline. These fuels are our main source of energy. People all over the world are using these fuels to drive their car, heat their houses and so on. The amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is increasing day by day. Winters are becoming warmer, weather patterns are becoming more unpredictable, and disasters caused by floods and storms are becoming more common.

Mr. Gore continued appealing about global warming. I think he has a lot of guts and if he had been President, he would have solved global warming, so I respect him. A Nobel Prize for peace was awarded to Mr. Gore. I was amazed to hear the news. Anyway, we must take the situation seriously, for that reason I think that it is important to think about ‘what should I do now?’

home page of 'An Inconvenient Truth' is here

[241 words]

0 件のコメント: