2007年11月26日月曜日

Community activities

Introduction

I have lived in Kamidai, Kumamoto city for 6 years. There is Takahashi Inari Shrine near my house. It is held festival the first Horse Day of February every year. This festival’s name is called Hatsuuma.
By the way, when I was a high school student, I had learned about English conversation at Kumamoto City International Center for one year.
So, I will talk about Hatsuuma and Kumamoto City International Center.

Body

First of all, I will talk about Hatsuuma. Takahashi Inari Shrine is one of the most famous shrines in Japan. I always visit there on the festival’s day with my family. First, we pay homage at Oinarisan,it means one of the God of Japan. Then, we buy Hamayumi, an arrow which avoid evil spirits or jinxes. After that, we went and saw around yatais, it means small stall sells grilled chicken, apple candy, grilled squid, cotton candy, octopus fritters, yakisoba, and stuff like that. The next day, when I was a high school student, I used to clean up the festival as a volunteer. There is scattered after the festival very much, so cleaning is very, very hard. After that, A Shinto priest gives us a charm for thanks. I thought that to volunteer is very important.

Second, I will talk about Kumamoto City International Center. There is in the center of Kumamoto City. When I was a high school student, I had learned about English conversation there. We can learn the language of not only the English but also various kinds language learns here. For example, Chinese, French, Korean and so on. I want to learn Korean because I like watching Korean movies. In addition, there are a lot of foreigners here, so if you can go there, you make a lot of friends.


Kumamto City international Center's home page is here

Conclusion

I thought that Kumamoto City has much community life. I understood that we could obtain various knowledge and experiences by associating with an area. I thought that I wanted to have community life from now on.

[342 words]

0 件のコメント: